Date: 7 May 2021
Time: 9am - 6pm
CPD: WSHO 8 SDU
Fee: SGD$374.50 (Including GST)
Delivery: Virtual Learning (using Zoom)
Skills Framework for Workplace Safety and Health
Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC) Reference Document
Level 4 (WPH-BIN-4064-1.1)
This course aims to equip the learner with the knowledge and skills to adopt the organisation's conflict mediation guidelines to find peaceful solutions to disagreements by evaluating and implementing resolution approaches and analysing mediation outcomes. By mitigating potential conflict situations with relevant organisational approaches.
Skills and Knowledge
- Signs of conflict
- Types of strategic questioning techniques
- Methods of constructive feedback
- Types of negotiation styles
- Evolution of tripartism in Singapore’s industrial relations system
- Roles of tripartite parties
- Models and methods for engaging, negotiating and communicating with employees and unions to limit disputes
- Models and methods for handling grievances and disputes
- Characteristics and motivations of individuals involved in collective bargaining processes and Singapore’s industrial relations system
- Evaluate and moderate own responses to situations of conflict
- Select tone of voice and body language appropriately to accommodate different situations
- Use problem-solving strategies to deal with unexpected questions or attitudes
- Manage difficult stakeholders and situations in a rational manner
- Document all interactions and agreements to ensure follow-through and commitment by all involved parties
- Present improvement recommendation proposals to stakeholders
- Prepare and support involved parties to develop possible responses or solutions based on reviewed information
- Negotiate with involved parties to achieve agreement regarding mutually acceptable outcomes using appropriate questioning and conflict resolution techniques
A Certificate of Participation will be provided for each person attending the course and demonstrating that they have understood the course content.
Continuing Professional Development
WSHO 8 SDU
If there are no courses dates currently in place in or you are unable to access the link, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you.