Fire Safety Measures for the Process Industries
Operations carried out in the process industries require many types of specialised equipment.
The speciality and varied nature of the equipment present the potential for hazards such as
those resulting in fires and combustible dust explosions. To prevent such incidents from
occurring it is necessary for fire safety measures to be understood and implemented.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Identify general equipment, chemicals and materials used in the process industries
• Understand hazards associated with various chemicals and underlying reasons for hazardous incidents
• Understand combustible dusts and the fire explosion pentagon
• Understand the causes of fires and explosions, and the danger of progressive explosions
• Understand hazards associated with piping systems
• Identify equipment used to prevent fires and dust explosions
• Conduct preliminary hazard analysis and plan maintenance programmes
Who should attend?
Fire Safety Managers, Workplace Safety and Health Professionals, Facility Managers, Workplace Managers or anyone who works in the safety field.
1. General Fire Safety Requirements
2. Case Studies: Fires and Dust Explosion Incidents
3. Causes of Fires and Explosions
4. Engineering Controls, and Process Safety Management
Continuous Professional Development
FSM 3 CPD
WSHO 4 SDU
Attendees will be awarded a certificate of attendance in ‘Fire Safety Measures for the Process Industries’.
This is an accredited course by the Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) Singapore.
Click on 'Book Now' button below to proceed with your registration.
If there are no courses dates currently in place in the blue table below then you are unable to “Book Now” as our forthcoming course is fully booked or we have yet to schedule the next course(s). However please email us at email@example.com and we can advise you of our next course dates by return.
We look forward to welcoming you.