Time: 1pm - 5pm
CPD: FSM 3 CPD | WSHO 4 SDU
Fee: SGD$187.25 (Including GST)
Delivery: Virtual Instructor-led Training (using Zoom)
Flammable gases, mists and vapours, or combustible dusts and fibres, are hazardous substances which can form explosive atmospheres under certain circumstances. Hazardous area classification is used to identify potentially hazardous zones and ignition sources in the workplace, and identify the equipment needed to prevent fires and explosions.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the need for classification
- Identify hazardous and non-hazardous areas for likelihood of explosion
- Determine if hazardous areas exist
- Evaluate considerations for risk assessment
- Identify the different types of zone classifications
- Identify factors to consider for zone mapping
- Select the equipment category most appropriate for the relevant zone classification
- Identify factors to consider when choosing the correct equipment
Who should attend?
Fire Safety Managers, Workplace Safety and Health Professionals, Facility Managers, Workplace Managers or anyone who manages hazardous area classification.
- Necessity for the Classification
- Assessing the Risk, and Relationship between Fires and Explosions
- Zone Classification Requirements for Gases, Vapours, Mists and Dusts
- Equipment Categories and Zones, and Selection Criteria
Continuing Professional Development
FSM 3 CPD
WSHO 4 SDU
Attendees will be awarded a certificate of attendance in ‘Hazardous Area Classification’.
This is an Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) accredited course.
If there are no courses dates currently in place in or you are unable to access the link, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you.
If you had registered, but pending payment, please make payment via the PayPal payment this link.
Or mail us a cheque payable to IOM (Institute of Occupational Medicine) Singapore Pte. Ltd.