WSQ Noise and Vibration Monitoring
Skills Framework for Workplace Safety and Health
Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC) Reference Document
Level 5 (WPH-WSH-5068-1.1)
This course aims to cover the basic principles of noise and vibration monitoring. It also provides fundamental knowledge and skills in noise and vibration monitoring and covers the typical noise monitoring and assessment of monitoring results.
Course Learning Outcome
Providing the participants with an appreciation of the nature of noise and vibration hazards in the workplace and their people. It also details the approach in monitoring noise and vibration assessments in the workplace and in the general environment. On completion of the course, the participant will be able to determine the significance of measured data in relation to legal requirements and compliance to Ministry of Manpower (MOM) requirements.
- Introduction to sound
- Exposure Levels and Legislation for Noise
- Risk Assessment and Noise Assessment Surveys
- Noise Control Engineering – Practical
- Noise Monitoring Reports and Hearing Conservation Programmes (HCP)
Who should attend?
- Participants interested to attain the qualification recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower to advise occupiers and employers on noise and vibration monitoring at the workplaces
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians and Occupational Hygienists
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, as well as engineering and facility management specialists who would like to gain more knowledge on noise monitoring at the workplace
- ESS - WPL (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking) Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in English (Grades 1-6)
- ESS - WPN - Level 6 OR GCE "O" Levels in Mathematics (Grades 1-6) OR "Bridging Module in Mathematics
- GCE "O" Levels in Physics / Combined Science (Physics Inclusive) Grades 1-6 OR "Bridging Module in Physics"
- Preferable to have 2 years of working experience in any industry
*To be eligible to register for this course, participants must be able to provide documents for verification.
Continual Professional Development
WSHO 24 SDU
There will be a short assessment for each of the Learning Unit.
Upon successful completion:
- Attendance rate of at least 75%
- Passed all assessments
Participants will be awarded the Statement of Attainment in Monitor Noise and Vibration from The Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Click on 'Book Now' button below to proceed with your registration. Deadline for registration is by 16 February 2021.
If there are no courses dates currently in place in the blue table below then you are unable to “Book Now” as our forthcoming course is fully booked or we have yet to schedule the next course(s). However please email us at email@example.com and we can advise you of our next course dates by return.
For group registration (3 - 5 pax), kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and other course details.
We look forward to welcoming you.